Tuesday, June 8, 2010

New Pillows!

When my friend Alison visited this last time, she made me new pillows for my couch. I can sew, but Alison is an expert seamstress and actually enjoys the process of sewing (me - not so much). I don't have a before picture, as we were so excited we started without thinking. Here is the before fabric (if you remember my living room tour here, the pillows matched the trim on my rolling ottomans.


Here are the finished results. We kept the same shape. Don't they look great? I just love how the colors are the same, but they are different animal patterns. Both have turquoise ends which coordinates with my wall color. I took my black slipcover off the loveseat for a summer look and it really needed a spark of somethin', somethin'. These pillows do the trick. Thanks Alison! (pay no attention to the messy coffee table in the last picture. In it I'm actually working on a craft project - burlap coasters with freezer paper stencils! More to come on them soon).


I'm joining up to these fantastic link parties! Come check them out.


6 comments:

  1. Those are great. I can't sew very well. My mom is my go to seamstress.

    ReplyDelete
  2. They look more stylish and modern. You friend did a great job.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the new pillows!! Thanks for linking @Creative Itch's "Sew Cute Tuesday"!

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE those pillows

    Following you from Social Parade. :) Better late than never!! I hope you can stop by my blog and follow as well.

    http://theartsymom.tk

    ReplyDelete
  5. too cute and that style is me all the way!

    ReplyDelete
  6. They look great!
    Thanks for sharing @ Anything Related!
    {Rebekah}

    ReplyDelete

I read all your comments and truly appreciate them. They make my day a little brighter. Thanks so much for visiting my blog. Why not subscribe so you don't miss any of the fun?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...