Monday, March 15, 2010

In the Kitchen - Easy Beef and Noodles


This is a tasty dish, good for when you have a tougher piece of meat. It only takes a few minutes to throw it in a pot to cook unattended for an hour or so.

1 package extra wide noodles
1/4 tsp. pepper
1 medium onion, coarsely chopped
1 tsp thyme, crushed
1 clove garlic, minced
1 lb. boneless beef chuck roast
4 C good beef broth
1 bay leaf
1 tsp. vegetable oil

Trim fat from meat and cut into 3/4" cubes.

In 5 qt. dutch oven, brown half of meat in hot oil. Remove. Brown remaining meat with onion and garlic. Add more oil if necessary. Drain fat. Return meat to pan.

Stir in broth, bay leaf, thyme and pepper. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer covered 1 hour or until meat is tender.

Stir in noodles. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat and cook, covered about 10 minutes or until noodles are tender. Remove bay leaf.

Serves 6

Enjoy!


2 comments:

  1. Looks delicious! I haven't had beef and noodles in so long -- I think today would be a great day for them. Thank you SO MUCH for signing up to follow my blog. It lead me to your lovely blog, and I would love to follow you in return. Feel free to email me at anytime at bobbypinsboardwalk@yahoo.com!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I adore - ADORE - beef and noodles! My husband hooked me on stew over egg noodles and I haven't looked back! THIS looks wonderful, thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

I read all your comments and truly appreciate them. They make my day a little brighter. Thanks so much for visiting my blog. Why not subscribe so you don't miss any of the fun?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...