Monday, March 1, 2010

In the Kitchen - Chili Baked Potatoes


Sometimes a recipe isn't necessary to tell you how to cook something, but a reminder to cook it. That's the case with today's In the Kitchen. 

I got a deal on 5 lbs. of potatoes for $.99. As I was walking through the rest of the grocery store, I started to think about how I would use them. You see, we usually only have vegetables for a side, no starches. I was thinking potatoes for a main and remembered chili baked potatoes.

Wash the potatoes. Prick with a fork several times. Microwave (my microwave worked for 2 potatoes for 10 minutes on high, yours might vary). Slice open the potatoes and smash the innards. Add butter and salt and pepper and mix. Top with canned chili (I didn't have any homemade left in the freezer), a little cheese and sour cream.

A recipe doesn't have to be difficult or expensive to be tasty.

Enjoy!


1 comment:

  1. I love the chili baked potato recipe. I did those for a super bowl party and my sister and son loved them!!

    ReplyDelete

I read all your comments and truly appreciate them. They make my day a little brighter. Thanks so much for visiting my blog. Why not subscribe so you don't miss any of the fun?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...